Dental Implants in Yorba Linda
Dental Implants provide a modern, permanent solution to missing teeth or uncomfortable dentures. Implants comprise artificial roots made from biocompatible materials that fuse with the underlying jawbone to provide stable support for the replacement teeth mounted onto them.
Compared to other tooth replacement options, dental implants don’t rely on adjacent
teeth for support. This means that surrounding teeth remain intact after your treatment. This makes them the preferred option for replacing missing teeth.
Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Long-term tooth replacement - they should last a lifetime with proper dental hygiene.
- Natural feel - implants are as firm as your natural teeth, helping to restore your biting, chewing, and speaking efficiency
- Strong and sturdy - the replacement tooth is permanently connected to the jawbone so it’s extremely strong. This means you can enjoy your favorite foods with great confidence.
- Retain natural facial structure - The implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent resorption of the bone. This in turn prevents sagging facial appearance that causes you to appear older
- Optimal oral health - Easy to clean like your natural teeth
What to expect
The treatment usually requires multiple visits to the dentist over a period of several months as follows:
- First visit: Consultation to determine your suitability for dental implants and tooth/teeth extraction
- Second visit: Surgical placement of the implant into the jawbone. Following the procedure, you should change your diet to soft and cold foods and warm soup to facilitate healing. Healing takes several months.
- Third visit: Placement of the artificial tooth or teeth onto the implant. During the healing process, the dentist will customize a new tooth or crown based on the size, shape, fit, and color of adjacent teeth to give you a uniform smile. When replacing multiple teeth, one implant may be used to support multiple bridges or dentures may be used. .
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Most patients with healthy gum and bone tissue are good candidates for dental implants. For patients with unhealthy natural teeth and/or gums, or insufficient bone tissue, additional treatments like grafting may be necessary to increase the success rate of your implant procedure. If you have multiple missing teeth in an arch, the dentist may recommend implant placement to anchor bridges and dentures.
At Knoll Family Dentistry, we design each treatment plan with careful consideration of your unique case, so we not only replace your missing teeth, but also restore the optimal function and beauty of your mouth.
Please contact our office in Yorba Linda, CA to learn more about dental implants and other tooth replacement options that can work for you.